Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Midnight Twins by Jacquelyn Mitchard


4 out of 5 stars

A big thank you to Ms. Mitchard for sending me a copy of this book!

Meredith and Mallory Brynn are thirteen year old identical mirror twins. They've always led a rather charmed life up until they're caught up in a house fire. They manage to survive, but after the fire, they discover that Meredith has the ability to see into the past while Mallory has the ability to see into the future. Thanks to their gifts, they soon discover that someone in the neighborhood isn't at all what he seems. Will they be able to save the town from danger without everyone thinking that they're crazy?

I really enjoyed this book. I have identical mirror twins of my own, so the characters of Merry and Mally really appealled to me. I think Ms. Mitchard did a great job of capturing the closeness of identical twins. The book was a fast read and it held my attention throughout. The ending of the book was a good setup for the next in the series which I'm looking forward to. I would definitely recommend the book to fans of the young adult genre.

No comments: